Welcome to my corner of the World Wide Web. Here you will find some plaintext info about me. (Will look nicer when I actually have time to make a website)
I'm a developer from Europe, 20 years old, doing mostly Minecraft stuff and currently studying Computer Science at a university. I mostly code in Java but I have used Kotlin for some projects recently. I have always been interested in computers and have been programming since 2013. I am self-taught and consider myself a fast learner and quick to adapt to different work styles when need be. My choice for IDE is IntellijIDEA Ultimate, as it offers endless features making my life easier. I don't have much time for personal projects sadly, but you can see them on GitHub
. I speak proper english and even though it is not my primary language and pronunciation of some words is hard for me, I am yet to meet a person who couldn't understand me. I regularly use TeamSpeak and Discord and have a decent microphone. My interests are about networking and all there is to it and I have also started being interested in Machine Learning.
A list of skills/tools/technologies I have used:
(Rating yourself isn't easy so take this with a grain of salt)
- Java - Very good, 6+ years, Most of my work is written in Java
- Kotlin - Mediocre, 1-2 years, I am starting to pick Kotlin over Java if possible, love it
- Shell script - Mediocre, ~2 years, made custom server management script and utility commands for managing MC server on ubuntu
- Ubuntu server - Mediocre, ~3 years, I have set up plenty of dedicated servers to run minecraft networks and I know my way around bash
- Redis - Good, 2 years, I use Redis as my primary database of choice. I know it was not meant for permanent storage, but I need the pub/sub messaging and having 2 databases takes more effort. Also the scale of projects I worked on never had too mcuh data redis couldnt handle. And its fast on localhost!
- MongoDB - Basics, I worked with a MongoDB database on VanillaVerse, so I have some experience
- MySQL - Mediocre but rusty, I made permissions, ranks and other systems with a MySQL database with prepared statements and such, but last time I worked with it was 2-3 years ago so I'm rusty
- PhP - Basics, I did some small websites which connected to a Redis database, but nothing over the top
- HTML - Basics, took some courses, but never did anything major
- Git - Good, 4 years, I use git all the time as my only VCS, but I never dove into the details. Intellij does most of the heavy lifting here
- Maven - Mediocre, 2 years, I have used Maven in multiple projects and I prefer it over Gradle
- Gradle - Mediocre, 2 years, for a preiod, Gradle was my choice over Maven, but I switched back to Maven a year ago
- Artifactory - Good, 2 years, I have set up and used Artifactory server for teams to host Maven/Gradle artifacts. Primary choice for Maven/Gradle repository
- TeamCity - Good, 2 years, I have set up and used multiple TeamCity instances for teams by now. It is my primary choice for a Build Server
- YouTrack - Good, 2 years, I have configured and used a few YouTrack instances (cloud and self-hosted) for teams. It is my primary choice for an issue tracker
- Trello - Basics, I have used Trello on teams that used it, but I never preferred it, as there are many better task/issue tracking solutions out there
- Apache2 - Basics, 2 years, I have set up some custom routing and subdomains for thing like teamcity and artifactory, but nothing major.
- SSH - 3 years, Ever since I logged in to my first dedicated box, I have used SSH keys to log in to servers securely
This website was last updated on Jun 2, 2019